Millwork Distributors Inc is a privately held company in the Building Material Industry providing market leading products through wholesale distribution and fabrication. We are a leader in the industry and on a very aggressive growth pattern. MDI is respected and established with our customer base and vendors alike. We offer competitive wages with a complete benefit package including, health, 401K and vacation along with the ability to bonus. We operate under a TEAM culture and growth within our organization is not only available it is encouraged. Become a part of the MDI TEAM!
Outside Sales/Territory Manager
Job Description Overview:
The Outside Sales/Territory Manager is the primary contact within our organization for our clients. They are the conduit for knowledge and the resource our customers depend on a daily basis to deliver outstanding service and knowledge of Millwork Distributors and our product offering.
Outside Sales/Territory Manager at MDI responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding customer service to our business partners.
- Be an expert on our product offering and our competitors.
- Self-motivated to succeed, to include continuing education of your trade.
- Maintain and develop relationships with current and new business opportunities.
- Provide training to our client base to understand how to sell and promote our products.
- Assist our clients with project specifications and quoting.
- Monitor your respective market, to include: Product trends, Pricing, Competitor insight. But not limited to.
- Perform administrative duties: such as; Sales budgets and reports, filing expense reports, inspect and handle credit requests from your dealer base, but not limited to.
- Ability to multi task; manage both phone and email correspondence.
- Understand our product offering and production capabilities.
- Be a consultant, provide solutions to our customers’ needs and solve problems.
- Be an ethical business partner to our vendor partners and customers.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and strive to be a leader within our culture.
- Perform additional duties and follow directions instructed by management.
Job Requirements for Outside Sales/Territory Manager
- Previous Outside sales experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Building Product Sales.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor and accountability.
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast pace environment.
- The position requires occasional sitting with constant standing, walking, and regularly kneeling, and stooping.
- The position requires the constant use of hands to write, use computers, and manipulate papers.
- The position requires talking and listening.
- The position requires occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.